Friday 26 June 2009

Lesson 10: New book

I had my lesson on wednesday afternoon. Having it at 5pm instead of 4 has meant that my teacher always goes on for way longer than half an hour, which is really good for me, but I feel a bit guilty, but i don't wear a watch so i don't know what time the lesson should finish when i am there, i always just realise afterwards that we have gone way over time. I hope it's okay with him.

Anyway the lesson was good, but at the moment I feel we have done more or less the same thing every lesson for the last 3 lessons, so it doesn't feel like there's much variation. However, I do have a new book to work from (which looks amazing): "Playing the Cello" by Hugo Cole and Anna Shuttleworth. It's British which, to be honest, I really prefer compared the the American book I have been using before which calls everything half notes and quarter notes instead of crotchets and minimes etc. It was confusing reading one name for a note and having my teacher use another. And I prefer the British tone of the book!

Hopefully the new book will give us something new to work from in the lessons. Also I explained how difficult I am finding it to keep a rhythm so we are going to work on duets in lessons which will be fun!

Anyway less talking about cello and more playing to be done - I am off to crack out the new book!

No comments:

Post a Comment