Thursday 2 April 2009

A busy week..

It's been a busy week, spending the weekend in Dorset and training at work for the last few days. As such I have been dipping in and out of cello but haven't had much ongoing structured practise. In addition, my hand is still aching when I play for more than 15 minutes at a time which has been frustrating, and limited me a lot. If I have a spare hour, I can't sit down and play for as long as I want, and I have to let my thumb rest. I often don't have much spare time later in the day to play again when my hand has stopped aching.

Well, slowly it's getting better. It is starting to sound way better too. I have been unstructured in my practise, and have been skipping from page to page and missing out bits which is probably slowing down my progress. Today I am planning a proper session of slowly going through every part of the book I've gotten up to until now, and trying to play everything through without mistakes at least once.

Let's see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment