Thursday 9 April 2009

New music?

Finally I am beginning to enjoy the bow! Although my shoulder and arm is aching from playing for a long time yesterday evening. Maybe I need to start warming up before I play.

It is difficult learning to find the new position on the strings, I feel like I am not confident enough to go as far as I need to to get the note right, because I find it difficult to move my hand back up to the first position. Although I imagine that over time it will become easier as I learn how it feels. It does amaze me how far you need to move though, it seems like a much bigger distance than closer to the top of the neck. And now I think about it, aren't guitars like that? I wonder why that would be?? I will ask my engineering husband!

I love how relaxing I find it when I play now with the bow. It is hard work, but really doesn't feel like it. I am writing essay at the moment for my masters course, but at the end of a day writing essays it is so enjoyable to sit down and play for an hour.

It's my birthday in a month, I am going to get myself some new music to play just for fun while I work on the stuff for my lessons. I need something really easy, but with slightly more difficult parts that I can work towards. I wonder if Phantom of the Opera is easy enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment