Wednesday 8 April 2009

Moving on: C natural and other adventures!

I have built up my bowing stamina, I can now play for a full hour!

Yesterday I moved on to the next section of the book which requires shifting the left hand instead of changing strings (have no idea what the technical term for that is, I will just call it shifting!). The book is good as it guides you really slowly into moving your hand, and you can go back through the book from the beginning playing it while shifting your hand instead of moving up a string. My plan for today's practise is to go back through the book, so I can slowly learn where the notes are. Then I will move onto the next section of the book and then there are only a few pages left!

Finally towards the end of the practise I learnt C natural, as up until now I have been playing C sharp. For some reason, playing with my second finger seems very strange after always playing with the 3rd. My second finger hasn't built up any thick skin either so I am back to square one on that front!

It was a lot to learn in one day, so today I am going to consolidate by going over what I did yesterday before playing anything new. The final song in the book is Pachelbel's Canon in D which I am really looking forward to playing. Only a few more pages in the book until I get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment