Tuesday 14 April 2009

Finished the Book!

Woop Woop! I have finished Strictly Strings book 1! By finished, I mean struggled a bit through the last song (Pachelbel's Canon in D), which sounds a bit grim but nonetheless, it is finished! It took me exactly one month since I started playing (as I finished it on saturday). Not that it was a race!

I am pleased with my progress so far, and really enjoyed using the book. I would definitely recommend it to a complete beginner like me, as it slowly takes you through every element of playing and reading music. The songs are fun, popular enough to be recognisable to pretty much everyone, but challenging and varied enough that they are not boring.

My next lesson is 1 week tomorrow, so I think I will spend the next few days consolidating what I have been learning, and polishing up a couple of pieces to play for my teacher. He usually asks me to play something I am confident with, and then will suggest something else for me to play. I will choose something that I find quite hard to play, and see what he thinks. I imagine that it will be more beneficial if I do that!

Anyway I am off to practise!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you noted down the date and precise time you started the cello in your profile. Cheers! Enjoy the journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will find my book, Cello Playing for Music Lovers very helpful. It's listed on amazon (they distribute it for me.)

    Vera Jiji

    ReplyDelete