Wednesday 18 March 2009

People keep asking me..

...Why do you want to play the cello?

It's strange, no one would ever ask why you wanted to play guitar, or drums or even violin.

But anyway, in order to clear this up, I want to play because it is a lovvvvvely instrument. Plus it's big, and I want to play a big instrument and sousaphone teachers are hard to come by! Heh heh.

Seriously though, I have wanted to play the cello since my parents first asked me what instrument I wanted to play at the age of 8. It was big and made a lovely noise, and I really liked deep, low parts in music. But they said it was too big (they are right), and so I suggested bagpipes. Again no. So flute it was, as I already played recorder. So I never really enjoyed the flute, played for a few years, and quit when I was about 14.

My parents said that I would regret stopping when I was older, but I never did.

So now 9 years later I suddenly decided it was time to start playing an instrument again. And now I have my own house I get to decide what is too big, and cellos are NOT! (Double Basses are though, phew they are big)

So that was the story of my journey to the cello!

No comments:

Post a Comment