Friday 20 March 2009

Second lesson, cello is back!

She's back! yayy!!

I was really excited about heading to my lesson this morning. For the first part of the lesson, my teacher just taught me how to twist the pegs to tune the cello. It is quite tough but he recommended that I practise and slowly turn the pegs until I feel more confident.

We played through a few of the tunes in the book, and I was pleased with how it sounded (the sound is slowly getting better), and my teacher seemed pleased too. We also worked through parts of the rest of the book, and started playing on the G string, which sounds niiiiice. It was a lovely lesson, and I am really happy with how things are going, and also relieved that I get on well with my teacher. He is such a nice man, and very patient. It must be horrible teaching absolute beginners, but he's very encouraging!

However, I stilllll don't get a bow! Not until next week, so I will practise practise practise to make sure that he is happy to start doing bow work next week. I have done an hour this afternoon already, and already got up to the part in the book he wanted me to get to. I can now play G, and low A, B and C sharp. Now I just need to get it to sound nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment