Friday 13 March 2009

Tuning Issues

Same problem with the strings this morning - they were completely loose again!

Decided to go out and buy an electronic tuner to help me tune it properly. A guitar-playing friend helped me tune it, and although it took a while it sounded really good! I had a long practise session and got up to page 18 in the book, which is where it starts making you read the music properly instead of giving you the names of the notes. I am taking a while to get the hang of it, but I can just about remember all the names of the notes while remembering where my fingers should be!

Something I found really helpful was playing each note into the tuner to get the right positioning for my fingers. I had been playing with them too close together for the last couple of days, and with the cello in tune and playing into the tuner it was much easier to figure out where I should be placing my fingers on the strings.

Hopefully this will sort out some of my tuning issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment