Wednesday 18 March 2009

She's having a check up..

I phoned my teacher yesterday to ask him what I should do. I was so worried about about breaking something I hadn't touched her since saturday. he said I was probably just worrying about nothing and I just didn't have the knack for tuning, and I wasn't the first person to phone him in a panic! He told me to drop the cello off at his office and he would have a look. It was very comforting, and suddenly I had a funny feeling I had overreacted somewhat...

I immediately went and got her out and lo and behold the strings were still taut, I tuned her a teeny bit and played for half an hour (minus the A string!).

I dropped her off at the High School later that morning and felt very sad. I have started to anthropomorphise her and suddenly a non-gendered object had become a 'she' in need of a name!

Well, I will have her back on friday and in the mean time I can think of a name for her. Fingers crossed she's all okay!

Posted via Pixelpipe.

2 comments:

  1. I hope she (the cello) is alright! I probably would've reacted the same.
    When I come visit, you can play me some tunesss. We should totally have a jam session with me on the flute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah, bring your flute next week! I will be terrible, but i can play a very repetitive baseline for you to flute over!

    ReplyDelete